Carer Rights and Responsibilities
Working in an open, respectful and collaborative fashion with families, carers and consumers promotes and enhances recovery. With patient consent, carers are invited to attend and keep in contact as much as possible, to the extent that it does not impose serious risk to the patient or others
With the consent of the consumer, carers and advocates have the right to:
- Exchange information with those providing treatment concerning the consumer’s lifestyles and their relationships with others
- Be consulted about measures under consideration for treatment of the consumer or for his or her welfare
- Seek further opinions regarding the diagnosis and care of the consumer
You have a responsibility to:
- Respect the human worth and dignity of the person who has a mental health problem
- Consider the opinions of professional and other staff and recognise their skills in providing care and treatment for the person who has a mental health problem
- Co-operate as far as possible with reasonable programs of treatment and care aimed at returning the consumer to optimal personal autonomy
We accept referrals from all sources, including GP’s, specialists and other third party organisations such as WorkCover.
Different clinicians require slightly different referrals, due to varying requirements from different finding sources.
We also accept referrals for other non-clinical services (e.g. NDIS)
All our referrals are processed by our dedicated Intake Officers who will assist you in connecting with us.
The following information is designed to assist healthcare providers in generating the correct referrals that attract a Medicare rebate for the patient.
A referral is not essential, but in order to attract a Medicare rebate a valid referral from a GP is required.
A referral is not essential, but in order to attract a Medicare rebate a valid Mental Health Care Plan (MHCP) ± ATAPS referral via a GP is required. An ATAPS referral from any other healthcare provider is also acceptable.
Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
Perinatal & Infant Mental Health – A Mental Health Care Plan (MHCP) AND ATAPS referral via a GP is required. An ATAPS referral from any other healthcare provider is also acceptable.
Non-Directive Pregnancy Counselling – a direct referral (valid for 3 sessions under Medicare)
EPC – as “Mental Health Worker”
We accept all referrals for, or under NDIS. These referrals can come from anyone, including the participant themselves, their families, support coordinator, plan manager, or other support providers. Please contact our rooms and ask to speak to our NDIS Coordinator.
Referrals to Clozapine Clinic or Depot Clinic
There are established process for transfer of patients from any public mental health service, to The Shrink Company.
Please contact the practice for more information.